Try these spicy crab burgers for a nice spin on a seafood dish.
Who doesn’t like fresh, tender, sweet, juicy crab meat? Unless you are allergic to seafood you simply have to love fresh crab meat, right?
If you want to try a unique experience and you like your crab a little bit on the spicy side, then you will love this recipe for Spicy Crab Burgers.
Are you ready? Well, then you better get on the boat and cast a net or get in the kitchen because here we go.
Spicy Crab Burgers
- 2 lbs Lump Crab Meat
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup green pepper
- 1 package or bunch of Cilantro
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of old bay seasoning OR cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon (or two) of hot sauce (Louisiana, Tobasco or your choice)
- 1 Lemon, cut in 8 pieces
- 2 large eggs, brutally beaten
- Cooking Spray (Olive oil or other)
- 8 Onion Rolls or Pita Pockets
- 1 cup Shredded lettuce
- 8 Slices fresh tomato
- 8 Slices Provolone Cheese (optional)
Mix all the above ingredients (except of course for the for cooking spray, lettuce, tomato, buns and cheese) in a large mixing bowl. Use Old Bay seasoning for less spice or cayenne pepper for more kick, depending on your tastes.
Press into 8 burger sized patties and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
This recipe can be baked or fried. We will give you both ways of preparing it:
1. Baked: Bake at 400 on a metal pan for about 10 minutes per side (flip) or until brown.
2. Fried: Pre-heat skillet with canola oil to medium heat. Place crab burgers in pan for about 4 minutes per side or until well browned.
Serve with warm toasted onion buns or pita pockets and lettuce and tomato garnish, a lemon or lime wedge, and perhaps a splash of tartar sauce and a pickle slice.
I prefer to serve this meal with a citrus-based Sauvignon Blanc but a simple ice cold beer never hurt anyone, right?