Male and female anglers: it’s pretty clear there’s huge differences between the sexes, but have you ever wondered what happens when women fish?
This video hilariously showcases the differences among male and female anglers, with a smelly twist at the end.
Curious about the real differences between male and female anglers? According to a study conducted in Minnesota, it was found that:
- Men fish more days a year than women
- Fishing was a more important part of a man’s life than a woman’s life
- A man’s friendships focused more on fishing than a women’s friendships
- Catching fish for food was more important for women than it was for men
- It’s more important for men to catch trophy fish than it was for women
- Men supported catch-and-release factors more than women
- Women are more catch oriented than men
- Women kept the limit more than men
- Women tended to keep larger fish while more men released larger fish
- Men tended to specialize their fishing more than women
It appears that indeed there are some differences in motivations for men and women anglers. While there were quite a few similarities, two things were apparent.
More women are enjoying fishing, and both sexes can catch fish.