Fishing is supposed to be fun. It wasn’t for this young lady, who ended up with poison ivy on her eyes!
Emily Petrozza was just out for a fun day of fishing with a friend. Unfortunately, that fun was cut short for this 21-year-old from Newington, Connecticut, when somehow she came into contact with poison ivy. The rash began to form on her arms but after time spread to her face.
“It started on my arms and I’m guessing spread to my face from taking my contacts out. Yesterday morning I woke up and couldn’t open my eyes,” Emily told Mashable.
Emily’s sister Lauren graciously shared the cartoon-like pictures to her Twitter account and from there it went viral.
I speak from experience when I say poison ivy sucks. Luckily for me, I have only ever had it on my feet. I’m having a hard time fathoming it on my eyes.
Luckily for Emily, she is on the mend and the reaction has subsided. As for her sister, I’m sure payback is not going to be kind!