Skip to main content

Man’s Vintage 1930s Rifle Explodes at an Indoor Range

Brandyn Langston is lucky to have escaped with minor injuries after his rifle exploded.

Brandyn Langston is lucky to have escaped major injury after his rifle exploded at an indoor range called the Bear Arms. While shooting a 1930s vintage rifle he was restoring, the gun exploded after the sixth round was fired.

On the range video, Brandyn was seen struggling to load the bolt action rifle with a stiff action. The next shot the rifle exploded and showered the shooter and the range camera with metal shrapnel. Brandyn’s safety glasses saved his eyes and his ear muffs protected his hearing. He still has a metal shrapnel piece embedded in his cheek.

The culprit to this serious accident? Handloaded ammunition was used, which may have been loaded out of specifications. In this old rifle, the metal also may have been stressed and weakened after many years of service.

Always follow safety rules when shooting and remember to protect your eyes and ears.

NEXT: UK MOTHER ATTACKED BY MEDIA FOR HUNTING INSTEAD OF GROCERY SHOPPING

you might also like

Man’s Vintage 1930s Rifle Explodes at an Indoor Range