If you want to learn how to make your own replica weapons, you need to check out this amazingly simple tutorial.
Thanks to Grant Thompson, a.k.a. “The King of Random,” we now know how easy it can be to craft your very own solid aluminum replica weapons. Some of which could actually end up being not only replicas but also usable.
All you need for this DIY project is some Styrofoam, a bucket of sand, some melted aluminum (which you can make yourself from melted soda cans), and your imagination. After you have these things the process is quite simple.
- Use the Styrofoam to craft whatever weapon you want an aluminum model of. You can glue it together and then use a knife and even sandpaper to get the exact shape you are looking for.
- Once you are happy with your object you will place it in the bucket and make sure it is completely surrounded with sand with only the top showing.
- Next, build a funnel out of the sand at the top leading down to your Styrofoam weapon.
- Then you will slowly pour the melted aluminum into the funnel, making sure that you keep it full without letting it overflow.
- Finally, after letting it cool off and harden, you will pull your new aluminum weapon out of the sand bucket and you can use some sanding tools to clean it up.
Check out the original video below to get all the details.
Whether you want this for decoration, or for a more useful purpose like teaching children how to handle weapons, knowing how to make your own replica weapons is a skill that almost everyone can enjoy.
Follow me on Twitter @Chrisbuck243