Louisiana hunters are looking forward to their annual tax free weekend.
This weekend, from September 5-7, Louisiana hunters will be reaping the benefits of the 2014 Louisiana Second Amendment Weekend, in which last minute purchases to support their hunting habits will be sold tax free.
All state and local taxes are waived for the weekend, giving sportsmen a chance to gear up in the final moments before hunting season begins.
Here’s a quick list of the majority of the items available tax free, as long as they are intended for hunting use:
- Archery gear
- Hunting apparel like safety gear, camouflage clothing, jackets, hats, gloves, mittens, face masks and thermal underwear manufactured and marketed for hunting
- Bags to carry hunting gear or game
- Off-road hunting vehicles
- Feed used for game animals
- Binoculars, rangefinders and optics
- Blinds and treestands
- Vessels such as airboats and pirogues
The first official day of Louisiana’s fall hunting season is
The earliest archery season for Louisiana deer areas (Area 3, 8 and 10) starts September 20, 2014 and dove hunting begins September 6.
More Louisiana outdoor posts
- Louisiana Hunters Bag More Feral Hogs Than Deer
- Girl Catches Louisiana Junior World Record Tripletail
- Man Gets 80 Stitches After Botched Shirtless Alligator Removal Attempt [VIDEO]
- Louisiana to Legalize Use of Suppressors While Hunting
Do you plan on scoring any last minute hunting gear during the Louisiana tax free weekend?