Skip to main content

Jay Leno Cancels SHOT Show Appearance After Pressure From Anti-Gun Groups

jay-leno

Jay Leno canceled his scheduled performance at SHOT Show 2015, after being pressured by anti-gun lobbying groups.

The former Tonight Show host was scheduled to perform during the firearm industry convention’s State of the Industry Dinner, but canceled due to pressure from the anti-gun lobby, according to the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF).

“We are clearly disappointed by Jay Leno’s decision not to perform at the 2015 SHOT Show State of the Industry Dinner,” said the NSSF in a statement. “He unilaterally cancelled his promised appearance due to pressure from the anti-gun lobby, which included false statements about our industry and its commitment to genuine firearms safety, which we attempted to personally correct with him, but to no avail.”

SHOT Show is the firearms industry’s largest trade show and will take place Jan. 20-23 at the Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. Last year’s State of the Industry Sinner featured performers Penn & Teller. The NSSF said they anticipate a large turnout for the event despite Leno’s cancelation.

“We look forward to having our biggest and best State of the Industry Dinner to date with a performer that respects the contributions of our industry and the customers it supports.”

More from Wide Open Spaces:

Watch Tom Brokaw stand up for hunting in South Dakota

Eva Shockey responds to anti-hunting comment with masterful comeback

This video of snowmobiles out racing jet skis on the lake is awesome

 

you might also like

Jay Leno Cancels SHOT Show Appearance After Pressure From Anti-Gun Groups