Hunting and fishing are good for you. Here are some good reasons that even your boss or significant other won’t be able to argue with!
Some people enjoy going to the beach to relax, others to visit landmarks or relatives, to the movies, shopping, sleeping, or just going out to eat with friends. When we want to relax, we hunt and fish.
If you’ve never experienced hunting and fishing, you may not understand just how vital the sport is – not just to the environment and the animal and human populations, but to our very health and sanity. The pleasure, the pride, the expertise required, the camaraderie, and the incredible feeling of satisfaction all lead to a healthier you- mind, body, and soul.
If these aren’t reasons enough, here are some facts that give credence to your next hunting or fishing trip:
- Walking to your favorite hunting/fishing spot increases your heart rate as much as a walk around the block.
- Certain fishing types, like deep sea and big bass fishing, offer a rather strenuous workout better than any weight lifting.
- Most hunting and fishing activities keep your body in constant motion, giving your heart a steady workout.
- Unplugging from the daily stressor of life is perfect for recharging your brain and giving you a better focus on life.
- Studies have proven that people who spend time in natural environments have lower pulse rates, blood pressure, and cortisol rates than people who spend most of their time in the big city.
- Baiting, loading, skinning, reeling – all these activities keep your fingers, shoulders, and arms flexible by activating muscles you may not normally use.
- The fresh air that you receive is high in oxygen and low in pollution, which is awesome for your lungs and your whole body.
- The generous amounts of sun give you a higher level of Vitamin D, giving your body amazing results.
Benefits for Kids:
- Get them outside! The average child spends more than seven hours in front of the TV or computer
- Hunting and fishing in open areas enhances growing children’s long distance vision and lowers the chance that they will experience near-sightedness
- Being exposed to the natural environment has proven results in lowering the symptoms of ADHD
- Vitamin D is amazing for protecting children from future health issues, like: bone diseases, heart disease, diabetes, and obesity
So, what are you waiting for? Get on out there! Enjoy…