Bot fly larva was found in this whitetail fawn and in this semi-gross video, a kind women removes it.
Bot fly videos usually pop up in the weird part of YouTube, but this video shows a women safely removing a bot fly from a fawn.
Watch the oddly satisfying video of the removal of this pesky little bugger.
The folks followed a few helpful steps to remove the pest. The steps taken including:
- Cutting the hair around the problem area
- Cleaning the area with Hydrogen Peroxide
- Apply vaseline to make the bot fly larva exit easier
- Carefully remove the bot fly larva with a hemostat
- Clean the wound with soapy water
- Apply Hydrogen Peroxide
- Dry and apply triple antibiotic
These steps could be helpful if your pet ever runs into this problem, although we desperately hope that it is never an issue.