Elk meat adds a new, flavorful twist to the basic chili recipe.
With so many chili recipes out there, it is always nice to try something new. This chili is delicious, and you can make it ahead of time.
- 1 lb ground elk meat
- 2 can diced stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans diced green chile
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Chopped cilantro
- Brown the ground elk and place in a large pot.
- Add tomatoes and green chile.
- Drain and rinse all of the beans and add the beans to the pot.
- Drain and rinse corn and add to the pot.
- Add the seasonings and mix well.
- Add enough water to your desired consistency.
Serve with shredded sharp cheddar, sour cream, chopped cilantro, and tostada corn chips for an unforgettable meal.