What would you do if you found yourself in the ocean with a couple of tiger sharks about to get in your face.
The diver in this video has been reported to be professional surfer Mark Healey, although we cannot confirm that. Whether it is Healey or not, this diver showed tremendous presence of mind and calm reaction (at least outwardly – no doubt his exclamation at the end of the encounter revealed his heightened state of excitement).
Instructions for confronting curious and possibly hungry tiger sharks:
- Remain calm.
- Keep your eyes on the sharks.
- When they swim right toward you remain calm.
- Firmly push shark away.
- Watch out for other shark coming at you from below.
- Poke your head out of the water and cuss.
- Swim to boat as soon as possible.
- Wash out wetsuit.
- Have a stiff drink.
- Try to remain calm, even after you’re back on the boat.
MORE CLOSE ENCOUNTERS: Close Encounters of the Ginormous Whales Kind