Wide Open Spaces “2016 Stand up and Fight” Official Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The Wide Open Spaces Stand up & Fight (the “Contest”) is open only to those who sign up at the online Contest page and who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. The Contest is open to the legal residents of the USA + Districrt of Columbia and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Wide Open Spaces and Under Armour (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Wide Open Spaces, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about May 10th, 2016 at 10:00 AM and ending June, 15 2016 at 11:59PM. . All times are (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).
- How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online platform provided on this site. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Wide Open Spaces. You may enter a photo only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple e-mail addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Wide Open Spaces.
- Prizes: The approximate retail value of all prizes is $1000. The prizes are; GUA Ridge Reaper CoolSwitch Ninja Hoodie (1271457), UA CoolSwitch Thermocline Long Sleeve (1271474),UA CoolSwitch Neck Gaiter (1275001),UA CoolSwitch Glove (1275002), UA CoolSwitch Pack Cap (1271272) Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Wide Open Spaces to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and the voting results.
- Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Contest will be selected based on a voting process under the supervision of the Wide Open Spaces. Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address they entered the Contest within five (5) days following the winner selection. Wide Open Spaces shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT WIDE OPEN SPACES SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Wide Open Spaces and the Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Wide Open Spaces, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: Wide Open Spaces reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Wide Open Spaces may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Wide Open Spaces. Wide Open Spaces reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, delayed, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entries, whether caused by electronic, network, software or computer failures and malfunctions of any kind or by human error.
Wide Open Spaces has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Wide Open Spaces reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Contest you agree to receive email newsletters from Wide Open Spaces and its partner UA. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Wide Open Spaces, the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF USA AND TX, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Travis Count, TX having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. In the event a dispute arises regarding specific winner entitled to receive prize, entry will be deemed made by the “authorized e-mail account holder,” which shall mean the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any damage made to the Website will also be the responsibility of the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Any attempt by an individual to damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Wide Open Spaces and the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from and to prosecute any such individual to the full extent of the law.
- Winners List: For the names of the winners, please contact us at email@example.com and in the body of the email type ‘Please e-mail me the winners’ list for the Wide Open Spaces Dog Days of Summer Photo Contest.’
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Wide Open Spaces, 801 Congress Ave, Austin, TX, USA;
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Contest and not to Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google.
RELEASE AND LICENSE
In consideration of entering my photo in the Wide Open Spaces STAND UP AND FIGHT Photo Contest, I hereby grant to Wide Open Spaces, its employees, agents, licensees and personnel who are acting on its behalf (“Wide Open Spaces”), the absolute and irrevocable right and permission throughout the world and in perpetuity, with respect to the attached digital photograph of my dog, me and/or others (if applicable), as well as my image, likeness, name, testimonials, statements, if any, or other related items (the “Authorized Material”):
- To use, re-use, publish, re-publish, post on a website, transmit, modify and edit the Authorized Material, in whole or in part, severally or in conjunction with other materials, in any medium now or hereafter known, for commercial, promotional and educational purposes and for any other purpose whatsoever, including without limitation, publicity, marketing, advertising, fundraising and/or trade, and
- To claim and register copyrights in any materials created by Wide Open Spaces based on, derived from or incorporating all or part of any of the Authorized Material in the Wide Open Spaces name or any other name that it may choose.
For all but the winning photos, I may use my entered photo for personal use, but I will not use it for commercial purposes and will not enter it in any other contest until the contest results are announced. If my photo is chosen as a winning photo, and in consideration of the prize, I will use that photo for personal use only and will provide written releases that cover all persons and animals in the photo.
As a condition for entering my picture in the promotion, I certify that I have the written consent of all other identifiable persons, children and animals in the photo (other than myself or my own children and animals) to be bound by the terms of this Release and License. I understand that Wide Open Spaces will rely on this certification in posting or otherwise using entries prior to selecting a winner and will require me to produce the written releases as a condition of publishing the winning picture on its website and presenting the cash prize.
I hereby release and discharge Wide Open Spaces from any and all claims and demands whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use of the Authorized Material or any reproduction thereof and waive any further claim for compensation in connection with the use of the Authorized Material. I acknowledge that the Authorized Material may be altered or modified and waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product.
This Release and License shall inure to the benefit of Wide Open Spaces successors and assigns and shall be binding upon my heirs, successors, assigns and legal representatives.