Tying the triple Surgeon’s Knot is a piece of cake.
When it comes to tying your tippet to the leader, it’s hard to beat the Surgeon’s Knot. Check out this short video (steps summarized below) to learn how to tie the Surgeon’s Knot like a pro.
The Surgeon’s Knot is a quick and effective way to securely tie the tippet to your leader, and now you know one of the best was to tie it. Below are the steps in case you missed any:
1. Start with the two line parallel.
2. Then, make a loop, while holding it open with your fingers.
3. Take the end of the lines (where the tippet is longer) and wrap then through the loop three times.
4. Make sure there’s no slack, then wet with saliva and pull tight.
5. Trim the tag ends to complete.