It’s almost turkey season everywhere around the country, so what better way to get pumped than by looking at some turkey tags cashed in already?
So here’s the thing, there is only one factor that goes into a great turkey photo in my book. Maybe it’s not the biggest turkey out there, but it’s the biggest smile on the hunter that took it.
Seeing that appreciation and excitement across someone’s face is what gets me excited, so here are the 10 best turkeys taken so far this year.
1. “Bagged my first turkey”
Congratulations to this hunter who nailed his first gobbler!
2. “BIG Tom opening morning spring turkey southern Michigan”
So Michigan turkey season opened on Monday, April 18. This guy had a great opening day prize.
3. “First gobbler of the year…”
And what a nice one it is!
4. “Opening weekend in Washington”
He took this big guy down at 65 yards.
5. “Successful afternoon in Colorado”
Looks like this hunter found the perfect break in snowfall to head out for this gobbler.
6. “Missouri Opener”
Extra props to the smiley face cover up. With all the anti-hunter hate out there, it’s not a bad idea.
7. “First Turkey Hunt! 8.5″ beard 1.5″ tines. Hico, TX”
This hunter was able to call this bird from 65 yards to around 15 feet. Nice job!
8. “My dad’s first thunder chicken on our property. Bonus chocolate lab.”
Came here for the turkey, stayed for the chocolate lab.
9. “Called in my buddy’s first turkey this morning”
This is a great gobbler to call in and it’s even kinder that he left his buddy take it, too.
10. “Redemption! 22lbs, 10.5″ beard, 3/4″ spurs”
Now that’s a turkey if I’ve ever seen one. We love seeing huntresses in action!
Do you have any photos of turkeys taken so far in 2016? We’d love to see them!