Swimming with tiger sharks never seemed so appealing.
When you see or hear about someone “swimming with the sharks” it’s almost always a knee jerk reaction to think “No, never, nuh uh, no way.”
But we’ll still almost always stay and watch the clip, or hear about the story, because sharks are so fascinating.
The guys at One ocean One breath just shared this video of Christina Saenz de Santamaria and Eusebio Saenz de Santamaria freediving amongst several large tiger sharks, and it’s some of the most breathtaking footage of the whole “swimming with sharks” canon.
Check out more incredible shark videos
- Fisherman Defines “Don’t Try This At Home” with Great White Shark [VIDEO]
- Great White Shark Attacks Kayakers in Massachusetts [VIDEO]
- Harrowing Shark Encounter Caught on Video in Florida [VIDEO]
- Shark On Fishing Line Encounters Giant Grouper [VIDEO]
- Fly Fishing for Mako Sharks [VIDEO]
The husband and wife team featured in the video are record holding freedivers, as they only just recently completed the world’s first dive for two people to descend 100 meters on a weighted sled and ascend under their own power at the same time.
Their depiction of these beautiful underwater predators may change the minds of some folks. But yeah, we’re still not hopping in these waters anytime soon.