It may be due to the boredom, or the empty six-pack, but fishing jokes don’t tend to be that funny.
These jokes are pretty bad. But maybe they are so bad that they become good? Two negatives equal a positive, after all.
I’ve met some pretty clever fishermen but when it comes to jokes…anglers aren’t that funny. We can only hope that the real guys are on the water, not writing these bad puns.
1. Why did the salmon cross the road?
Because it was tied to the chicken.
2. There was a big fight at the seafood restaurant. Three fish got battered.
3. What is Putin’s favorite fish?
5. A fish swam into a wall and said, “Dam!”
6. Why did the vegan go deep-sea fishing?
Just for the halibut!
7. Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
9. Why didn’t the prawn share his toys?
He was a little shellfish.
10. What kind of money do fishermen make?
11. What did the fish say when he posted bail?
“I’m off the hook!”
12. What is the difference between a fish and a piano?
You can’t tuna fish.
13. What swims in the sea, carries a machine gun, and makes you an offer you can’t refuse?
15. Where is a fish in orbit?
16. Two goldfish are in a tank. One says to the other, “Do you know how to drive this thing?”
17. 1st kipper: “Smoking’s bad for you”
2nd kipper: “It’s OK, I’ve been cured”
18. Who held the baby octopus ransom?
19. What is a dolphin’s favorite TV show?
Whale of Fortune!
21. I got a new fly rod and reel for my wife…best trade I ever made.
22. What do you call a baby whale that never stops crying?
A little blubber.
Angling jokes are 85 percent a play on words, 10 percent jokes about the angling wife, and five percent about beer. I think that adds up to 100 percent bad.
I’m pretty sure people laugh at these jokes because it’s entertaining to imagine how people came up with such puns and thought they were funny.
I think we need some funnier anglers in this world.