Skip to main content

17-Year-Old Bitten by Venomous Snake in Florida and His Foot is Pretty Gross

venomous snake
WPTV

A venomous snake is just best left alone. 

If you ever asked yourself what might happen if you were bitten by a venomous snake, the picture below is hopefully all you need to see. Hopefully, you already had yourself prepared for the picture before you saw it. If you were, here’s the details behind it.

venomous snake
WPTV

As the story about this foot goes, a 17-year-old was bitten by a water moccasin, also commonly known as a cottonmouth, which is known because he decided to take a picture of it on the ground before it bit him. The boy then decided he wasn’t going to tell anyone for whatever reasons he may have had. The next morning, his foot was so swollen, he could no longer fit it in his shoe. That’s about the point he told his parents, who then went for medical aid.

Thanks to quick work by the Miami-Dade Fire Rescue and its Air Rescue North helicopter, anti-venom was flown in to take care of the situation. Normally, a venomous snake bite is a lot worse than this. In some cases, much worse.

Luckily, pictures of the snake taken by the boy proved that this was a juvenile water moccasin. Had it been larger, he may have lost his foot, at best.

NEXT: RELEASED PET GOLDFISH GROWING INTO MONSTERS IN THE AUSTRALIAN WILD

you might also like

17-Year-Old Bitten by Venomous Snake in Florida and His Foot is Pretty Gross