Bowfishing is a fast-moving, fast-growing sport and this is why we want to be a part of it.
An informed sportsman is a good sportsman. We’ve wanted to try bowfishing for a while now, but we needed to know more about it.
Sometimes we need a little help from some friends.
Here are 15 ladies who have the tools and the talent to show us what makes bowfishing such a popular pastime.
1. Excellent form.
2. Sun glare can be a problem; bring shades. Check.
3. You have to be ready for those close shots.
4. Accuracy pays.
5. Low light conditions shouldn’t stop you from looking…for the fish.
6. Grit and determination.
7. You may have to wade in the water. Got it.
8. You’ll get those sun-into-shade shots.
9. Crossbows work just as well.
10. A pattern of success.
11. Sometimes you have to trudge through bushes.
12. Strength and fitness. Got it.
13. A long bow and a kayak? Need those, okay.
14. Keep a sharp eye out.
15. Everybody needs to rest and have an energy bar.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; girls just do some things better than guys.
Take up bowfishing today, but you’re going to have to practice. By the looks of these ladies, I’d say they’ve been doing that already.
If we’re going to catch up to them then we’d better start with the right gear, take our best shot, and see where the arrows land.
And if you know an athletic, outdoor girl remember the difference between:
“A man who flatters her and a man who compliments her; a man who spends money on her and a man who invests in her, and mostly a man who views her as property and a man who views her properly.”