We can all relate to these 10 things about hunting in one way or another.
As hunters, we take a lot of what we do very seriously. Sure we try to make the best of every situation and if we can get a laugh from it, life is good.
But have you ever really sat back and looked at some of the things we do as hunters. Maybe not all of us. But I’m sure there is at least one of these 10 things that you or someone you know can relate to.
1. We keep urine from another animal in our pocket and some even spray it on themselves.
2. The guy that poses with his kill and says “I only shot it for the meat!”
3. We’ve gone from putting camouflage on our face to applying to be in the Kiss Band.
4. It’s hard to wake for work, but we can be up and out the door before our alarm clock goes off on opening day.
5. We can’t load a dishwasher or remember trash day, but we know where every piece of hunting equipment is.
6. You head to Cabela’s to get a box of shotgun shells, walk out with a new gun, 2 hats, a camouflage hoodie, a coke and a snickers…and forgot the shotgun shells.
7. You find a guy at your wife’s work party who hunts. You instantly become best friends.
8. Watching hunting on TV is like watching The Mighty Ducks or Remember the Titans before a game: Motivation instilled in your mind that you can do that and you WILL shoot a big buck on the next hunt!
9. We can’t remember birthdays or anniversaries, but we know the exact day and time of every buck we’ve ever killed!
10. We can’t hear our wife yelling to us from upstairs to change the baby’s diaper, but we can hear a gobble from miles away.