Halloween marks a time of the year when skirts get shorter, shirts get smaller, and FBI Agents get sexier. But it also marks the time that many wild game seasons start to open. Since WideOpenSpaces.com is headquartered in Austin, TX, we focused on our own statewide dates. In honor of this special time of year, we made a list of the 10 Best Wild Game Halloween Costumes for Dogs.
1. Alligator hunting season ended on September 30th, so your little hound is safe and sound trick or treating in this costume.
2. Give thanks early for the Fall Season of turkey hunting, starting November 2, with this wild turkey Halloween costume.
3. Duck season also starts November 2.
4. Except for the conservation order, geese season begins on November 2.
5. The general season for White-Tailed deer hunting begins on November 2 (Buster Beans is really excited about it).
6. There’s no closed season for rabbit hunting. (“Don’t hurt me; I’m actually a puppy!”).
7. Check here for county-wide season information as well as rules and regulations regarding squirrel hunting.
8. Bring the Serengeti to your home with this tiger costume.
9. Or with this lion, fierce ruler of the animal kingdom.
10. Don’t leave out this gentle giant giraffe.
Honorable Mention: not technically wild game, but would make for a very camouflaged hunting sidekick.
If you liked this post, check out our other Halloween-themed articles: