AR-style rifles are all the rage for this year. Here’s a quick guide to some of the best values.
Here are our picks of the 10 best ARs for the money. They’re based on a number of things, including features, specs and best bang for the buck.
10. The Bushmaster M4 CM- 15 Series Quad Rail
Composite receiver, six position stock and other features. Retail price $865.86.
9. Black Forge Blue Youth M4 Rifle
Made for youth and small frame shooters! Retail price $979.
8. Colt AR15A4 Rifle
This rifle is in the classic format of the U.S. service rifle and has a retail price of $1,270.
More from Wide Open Spaces:
7. ArmaLite M15A4 16″ Tactical Rifle
Many features, like a double-lapped barrel and forged, flat top upper receiver. It comes in at a retail price $989.
6. DPMS Recon
This tactical rifle has a stainless steel barrel and many other attractive features. Retail price is $1,129.
5. Ruger AR-556 Autoloading Rifle
This is an amazing rifle and a total deal at a retail of $749.
4. Black Forge A3 FLAT TOP CARBINE 5.56 MM Rifle
All the features like sights, handguard, collapsible stock and removable carry handle, all at a retail price of $949.
3. Windham Weaponry Carbon Fiber “SRC” California Compliant Rifle
Built to fit restrictions in California, the SRC has a receiver made of a molded carbon fiber composite, and has a retail price of $958.
2. Black Forge AR-15/M4 TIER 2 5.56 MM Rifle
Black Forge rifles come with a lifetime warranty, albeit limited. The retail price is $999.
1. Ruger SR-762 Autoloading Rifle
While not the lowest priced AR style rifle, it affords true big bore power of the .308 Winchester and 7.62 Nato cartridges in a great platform. Retail price $2195.